Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Steak Sandwich

There are many different type of people in the world. Some like wraps, some like sanwiches. There really is no reason why we can't satisfy both type of people. Creating a steak sandwich and steak wrap require pretty much the same ingredients. Since I cooked a whole bulk pack worth of sirloin steak the other day, I had lots of leftover meat. I also ran out of wrap since I didn't expect us to go through a whole pack (of 10) in one day. Otherwise I would have bought two packs instead. We do have some sliced bread so I thought why not have a steak sandwich instead.

I took out the usual suspects to make my steak sandwich: organic veggies, leftover sirloin, salad dressing. In addition to those, I wanted to have a mayonaise-type dressing to put on the bread. I could have gone for the bland tasting mayo, but I wanted something with a kick. Luckily I had some horseradish sitting in my fridge. You can also use some dijon mustard if you like. But if you don't have any of those, I suppose regular mayo/mustard will do. I recommend toasting the bread first since this will provide a nice crunchy texture. The secret to good food is that not only does it need to have a lot of different taste, but also have a lot of different texture. Toasting also prevents the bread from getting too soggy after you apply the mayo (if you are not serving it immediately).

I used up all my frozen fries the other day so the only acceptable item I have in my pantry are potato chips. Again, I still need to work on my presentation skills, but you get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home