Thursday, February 17, 2005

Most Unique Cake I Have Ever Tried

What is the most unique dessert you have ever tried? If I ask that question, most people will start to think about the most exotic fruit they have eaten. As for me, it wouldn't be a fruit, but rather a flower....Rose in particular.

My friend Dave has a girlfriend who is a dessert chef. From time to time, our lunch group will be lucky enough to try some of the cakes that she makes. Today was one of those days. Dave took out this cake container and in it held what seems like your average strawberry mousse cake. When I tried it, I couldn't figure out what was in it. I can't even describe what I have tried before that has a similar taste. All of us tried to guess what the "mystery" ingredient was. After a few rounds of incorrect guesses, my wife shouted Rose. I was surprised that she would say something very silly, but I was even more surprised when Dave said "How did you know?".

To make a rose mousse cake, you take some rose flower, grind them until they turn to a powder, and use that to make a mousse. I have to confirm that with Dave. This is definitely an experience to remember. How is the cake you ask? I must say, it's pretty good. Just like all the cakes that Dave's girlfriend makes. It's unfortunate that I didn't have my camera so that I can share the picture with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home