Sunday, March 06, 2005

Banana Pancake

How many times have you forgotten to eat the last piece of banana you bought two weeks ago? That's what happened yesterday when we found that there were two pieces of banana left. The skin was almost completely black so it didn't look appealing by any standards, but it should be very sweet inside. Then I remember an episode of of "Chef at Home" where Michael Smith made some banana pancake. I also had some left over pancake mix so I decided to give that a try.

I didn't have enough pancake mix when I assembled my ingredients so a quick search in google gave me a lot of different pancake recipes. The main ingredients are actually very quite common: flour, baking powder, salt, egg, and water. I didn't have baking powder so I used baking sode instead (Arm and Hammer brand, I'm sure everyone has that sitting in their pantry). Mix all the ingredients until they are all well blended.

I cut the banana into small slices, but now that I think about it, I should have diced it instead (the smaller the better). That way, the banana can be evenly distributed and each bite will have a taste of banana.

To cook the pancake, apply a little bit of oil on the pan and pour a small amount of batter+banana. The batter absorbs oil like a sponge so make sure you don't put too much oil otherwise the pancake will be very oily. Serve with your favourite syrup and/or jam and enjoy.

1 Comments:

At March 13, 2005 2:57 PM, Blogger Alfie said...

Nice picture!

Looks delicious, I should try to make this. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home