Monday, April 18, 2005

Ribs

It seems that I've been switching about sandwiches a lot recently so I thought I'd try something different this time. Ribs is one of the most popular dish in western restaurants. It's actually very simple to make.

I usually get some pork ribs (whichever variety you can get from your supermarket). Start by boiling some water in a big pot and place the ribs inside. Cook it for about 30 minutes using medium heat. After the ribs are cooked thoroughly, take it out of the pot and pat dry. Now we have to apply our barbeque seasoning. I'm not a barbeque expert so I do not have a recipe that I can share with you. I usually just get a bottle of barbeque sauce and apply that on the ribs. The brand I always use is Bull's Eye, but I bought a pack of Tony Romas sauce recently (I'll update this entry after I try it).

Place the ribs in a baking pan and apply the bbq sauce on both top and bottom of the ribs using your trusty brush. I bought a silicone brush and I must say it is one of the handiest tool in my kitchen. I used to have the old style brush (the one that looks like a paint brush), but the sauce always gets stuck in the hair of the brush so it's very hard to clean. The silicon brush is very easy to clean and it's even dishwasher safe so I suggest you get one if you will be cooking some ribs regularly.

Place the seasoned ribs inside the oven (heated to ~375 degrees C) for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take out the ribs and apply a second coat. Heat for another 15 minutes and the ribs should be good to eat.

To serve, I like to pre-cut all the ribs so that it's easier to eat. Put a bit of tabasco if you want to kick it up a notch and enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home